Victoria Beckham stated it best: "I can't concentrate in flats", while we definitely are on the same frequency as Mrs. Beckham, we also have to respectfully disagree with Posh for the sake of giving our tired dogs some rest this season. Heels are a vice of choice and a basic in every girl's closet, but pertaining to function and comfort, every once in a while heels are not exactly suitable. This fact only being highlighted by common Summer activities. And another thing all heel-loving girls are aware of, 8 hours in heels = achy feet. For a comfortable break, a lower elevation should be sought after. Flats are a shoe style that is often snubbed by heel connoisseurs everywhere since it does not necessarily contain the same universal sex appeal as that of heels. But in fact, flats can prove to be a worthy investment to step up your footwear game with. From a girls night out to spending a day in the office, flats can literally be worn to just about everything, much like heels. Don;t believe us? Scroll on further to see how these stylish girls master the flat and get down by being lower to the ground!
1. Maxi skirts do not necessarily require shoes with height in order to be pulled off, flat sandals work just the same;
2. Giovanna Battaglia paired a pair of sleek oxfords with her business casual attire for an unsuspected yet polished twist. A perfect example of how flats can be worn to a formal event and not feel out of place;
3. Who ever said espadrilles can't chic?
4. Owning the downtown cool monochromatic look with the popular slide-on sneakers;
5. Karolina Kurkova's all-white crisp outfit is a good example of how to pull off wearing any kind of flats to the office. We like her choice of flats since they provide contrast to the singular-hued palette;
6. Can Olivia Palermo ever do wrong? Printed blouse, pleated mini + ballet flats = a heavenly combo;
7. They may be Birkenstocks, but this just might be the only way possible to actually wear them to work;
8. We bookmarked this ultimate stylish weekend look, tall gladiator sandals, denim and basics;
9. Strappy sandals are all the rage this season, and we definitely fancy this look a la model off-duty;
10. A perfect example of a functional transition outfit. The entire look works perfectly for during the day and can shift right into nighttime without any revisions;
11. Denim shorts are not destined to be worn with flip flops alone;
12. Kate Moss' outfit is a great balance of casual mixed with a formal hint. She played up her jeans by pairing it with a structured blazer, yet kept the relaxed vibe going by choosing flats instead of heels. This is a great look for an afternoon yacht party;
13. Anja Rubik is known for her edgy cool girl style. Opting for sexy heels would have been totally expected with her rocker glam outfit, instead she opted for regular ballet flats which is what makes this look.
Shop our picks!